Friday, April 28, 2006

Health Services - A Consumers View

I see a growing influence of the media. Unwittingly we are being taught to complain because it stirs up news for the media. Journalism is all very fine but it is based on irresponsibility. Most of the journalists I know are very good at opening their mouths but have no idea how to solve the problem, themselves. At the end of the day there is only so much money available and unless we want our taxes to go up we have to be realistic about what we get for that money. Unfortunately, I believe politicians are about as good as journalists at actually doing something practical like running a department. I would like to say that bloggers have their pulse on the mood and with their keen analytical skills would be ideal candidates for managerial positions. Alas, not true, either. I recently sent 6 posts to a blogger high on political commentary but seemingly unable to either read or comprehend his own correspondence. I started off being impressed but after getting no sense out of him just gave up. http://ardenforester.blogspot.com/ .
Many of my readers will know that I suffered a heart attack 6 months ago. Forced retirement has led me to look again at what I can and, realistically, cannot do - hence becoming a blogger. Over the past few months I have got my blog up and running and tested out the schedule. Now the time has come to take a break. My triple bypass surgery is just 2 weeks away so the next 2 weeks will be filled with preparations and the period after with recovery. I have every intention of returning to blogging as soon as I am able and may be able to post a few bits and pieces in the meantime.
As far as the National Health Service is concerned I see a service which delivers a huge throughput day after day and staff that do an excellent job. I would be hard pressed to criticize, as a consumer. Of course, everyone wants more, more, more but there is no end to that theme. My question to all those whingers is 'Which specific service or issue is a problem for you and what would you like to be cut back to afford it?' The truth is most of the complainers are just baying for blood because that's the mood at the moment.
Anyway, bye for now. See you all again when I'm on the road to recovery.
Pierre

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey all the best with your heart op.

PerilousPierre said...

Thanks. Your well wishes are much appreciated. Looking forward to blogging with you on Freedonuts when I'm back. Great site btw. I love it.
Pierre