Sunday, September 24, 2006

Super Tags

I know I go on about it a lot but I have a librarian trapped inside me - and she's got an anal complex. At times it is frightening but most of the time it is, well, just stimulating!

Anyway, I've been checking out the old Technorati tags and it seems I had not quite got them right. All those with more than one word in them have to be joined by the plus sign in the code. Otherwise they don't work. Unfortunately, the second half of the code gives the impression that all is well but that is just a label. I have tried to write out the code for you but it keeps executing with rather bizarre results so you will have to go to the Technorati web site if you want to get it.

Why bother? Well the answer is that you can sprinkle the web with your own tags. This means that others can find your piece by searching on one of your quirky tags. For example, if my long lost friend, Mike Hall, types in his name, Colwyn Bay or Shastri, he will find me. Is that powerful or what? So will any of his friends from those days if they say to themselves "I wonder what happened to Shastri." Give it a try. Go on. Go on. Go on.

Pierre

Tags:

5 comments:

crowbarred said...

I wonder what happened to Shastri....I wonder what happened to Shastri....

Ooops sorry, was practicing.

Anyway..Hello Pierre!
I have a question for you..my website wont ping to the Technorati web site. Its now been 50 odd days since it last did. Can you tell me what i did wrong?
P.S
By the way i have forwarded Gazza your remark about the Queen post, funnily enough he told me to ^&%#&%@#%$@. I now know why he got kicked out school for trying to re-arange the alphabet starting with the letter F!
Regards Crowbarred (Pierre's pupil)

Anonymous said...

You can mock but with my record don't be surprised if Shastri turns up in one of the biggest rock bands of all time - then again he may just be teaching English to little children like Gazza. I do hope not!
On the techie stuff - you need to embed the widget in your browser code. Have you done that? Ah-ha. Thought not. Have a look at the ping info on Technorati and you should find the bit where it tells you how to automate the ping.
I usually do a manual ping on Technorati anyway because I found it was quicker - a matter of a minute or so. Let me know how you get on.
Pierre

Anonymous said...

I just checked on Technorati and there is no record that crowbarred exists. Well I ask you! What a cheek! Did you register AND claim your blog? Maybe we should send Gazza over to Technorati with a few choice words.

Pierre

PS Any progress on the name of the saxy man from Bonzo Dog?

crowbarred said...

Hello Mr Pierre (unbeknown i had an upbringing), i have had no luck with the "saxy" man (but i never give up), i was wondering if you could contact me (i left a email addy on me website) so i could email you directly, if thats ok. one gets tired of (brackets)... crowbarred

crowbarred said...

Where are you Mr Pierre?