Sunday, August 26, 2007

Aardvark in Glorious Colour

Running your own business on a 24/7 basis does seem like hard work at times. One of the reasons I write a blog is to remind me that I have other interests and, hopefully, talents. In some ways I was pleased to realise that taking care of my company web site had been left and left - one of those jobs that stays on the list but never actually gets done. Well, I guess I'm just about up to date at last. My in tray is almost empty and the web site has been re-written. That's a job which has been waiting years, in fact since before broadband when we first set up our internet account and wrote a black and white single page web site. It is interesting to see from the stats how much the world has moved on from those days. One of the reasons I never quite got around to doing anything with it was because it had more of a curiosity value than a practical one. Today, however, it is as normal as having a telephone and almost as essential. In fact it will probably supercede the telephone.

On the other hand some things never change and I see microsoft has, after 9 years discontinued Front Page and introduced a very very expensive alternative. Just to make sure, they have seen to it that Front Page has disappeared off the face of the earth. Just as well I noticed that Publisher does web site conversions! I wonder what will change in the next 9 years. I have a pretty good idea what won't change.

Pierre

Tags: aardvark colour business 24/7 microsoft Front Page Publisher change

Oh yes, I almost forgot. The website is at: http://www.aardvarkagency.co.uk

No comments: