Friday, February 24, 2006

The World is Going Rotton

I realised too late that I had forgotton to put a title to my last blog or to explain the picture for the uninitiated. Actually, all I did first time around was to forget to put my name on the end - hardly necessay anyway but I obsess over detail. Trying to edit the piece then turned into a total nightmare as some kind of bug in the blogger reduced my efforts to a single line of scribble which, in fact, contained the entire blog. Alas, this was only visible through a telescope card plugged into a usb port. I attempted to delete it and re-publish but only ever got a repeat performance or an empty blog. Eventually half the blog disappeared, even in the editor, so I gave in and re-typed what was missing. I have always believed that obsessional behaviour leads to disaster although I also believe that it could have prevented a few. Some smart alex once said 'If a job's worth doing its worth doing badly' and logically I see no flaw in that. Perhaps that's the microsoft philosophy - better to have us less than perfect rather than not have us at all. I don't think we should take a vote on that one!
Anyway, the picture is of Johnny Rotton, a punk hero of many years ago. I found the picture on http://www.punk77.co.uk/punkhistory/photography.htm and since the photographer is rather pleased with his work it is only right that I give him due credit. He is Ian Dickson and I believe his images appear in a biography of Johnny Rotton.
Pierre

No comments: