Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Stats Are In

A little late but Technorati has, at last, updated the test stats I put in over the weekend. Both sites now show links. In the case of the Windows Live site it is showing 1 link from 1 blog. This site is showing 2 links from 1 blog. There is a bit of an issue with the number of links but it may not make any difference to the outcome if the point is that for ranking purposes the number of blogs which link is what counts. Both sites are now showing identical rankings at 1,016,551. There is no doubt that the proper working site is this one so I am very confident that it is not traffic but blogs linking which affects the ranking. So, if you want to rise up the ranks get your friends to link to you. And that is my next step. I have an almost unused site which I set up for a friend and which I have virtually free access to so I am going to use that to make a link to see what happens when a second site links to you.

I will post the results.

Pierre

Tags:

No comments: